Our home is set in the heart of the village, with easy access to all amenities. We have a small seating area outside the front of the house which is at pavement level and there are 3 steps into the front door. Our house is Victorian with original features and has a large hall, generous rooms and high ceilings, however due to there being no bedrooms at ground level, would be unsuitable for wheelchair users.
• We are located off the main through road.
• We are centrally located with the local shops and restaurants nearby.
• The nearest bus stop is just around the corner with a regular service throughout the Lakes, and the train station is 4 miles away in Windermere.
• Taxis are available locally.
• We are a Pet free home and are unable to accommodate any dogs other than guide dogs.
• Our website www.holmeleaguesthouse.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
• You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the ''Contact Information'' section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
• We have on street parking for which we provide parking discs. Alternatively there is a Car Park just around the corner.
• We offer assistance with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are 2 steps of 5 inches and 8 inches to the front door step which is a generous 39 inches deep. A 3rd step of 6.5 inches high brings you in through the front door which is 40 inches wide.
• The front door is normally open, but please ring the bell on your arrival.
• We have a long and wide, spacious hall, with the dining room off to the right which has a door width of 32 inches.
• There are hooks for hanging wet cloths at the bottom of the staircase.
• A bell along with emergency contact numbers is situated at the end of the hall.
• There are 12 stairs leading to a small landing, where there is a WC, and the private facilities for Room 3, and then 5 stairs lead onto the 1st floor where Bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 are located. (Please see section ''Bedrooms'' for more information).
• A further 11 stairs lead you to a small landing and then 5 further stairs which bring you to Bedrooms 4 and 5. All stairs are carpeted and there is a hand rail all the way up.
• The house is centrally heated throughout and temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Public Areas - WC
• The WC situation on the first small landing comprises of toilet and washbasin.
• Breakfast is served in our spacious Dining room which is carpeted throughout.
• There are 5 tables seating upto 4 people and are all easily accessible. For larger parties we can set the tables together.
• There is a high chair available for our younger guests.
• The room is centrally heated and we also have a gas fire.
• We usually have the local radio on during breakfast.
• We have a sideboard near the entrance of the dining room, where we present our breakfast selection.
• All our rooms are fully carpeted with bedside tables, wardrobes and an additional chest of drawers. There is a flat screen TV with remote control in each room. Tea and coffee facilities and hair dryer are provided, along with a selection of toiletries. There are additional blankets available and we are happy to supply extra pillows where required. There is a large mirror along with comfortable chair in each room. We have space for our travel cot in all of the rooms.
• There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about our house and local events. There are also details of emergency contacts including Doctors and hospitals.
• This is a double en suite room on the 1st floor. There is access either side of the bed.
• This is our twin/family room which is en suite and consists of a double and single bed. This room is at the front of the house. There is plenty of space in the room and we can also include a camp bed if required.
• This is our single room, with a double bed which has access from both sides and is situated at the front of the house. There is a large washbasin with shaving point in the room, and private facilities are located on the 1st landing next to the public WC.
• This is a double en suite room on the top floor. It has an original beam and the ceiling slopes down next to one side of the bed.
• This is our Family en suite room on the top floor. This consists of 1 double bed and 2 single beds with space all around them and is situated at the front of the house.
En Suite Shower-rooms
• Our shower rooms are all identical in each en suite room. They consist of a corner WC and basin and large power shower. There is a step of 7.5 inches into the room, and 7 inches over the shower tray. All are fitted with electric fan, shaver point and large oversink mirror with light. There is shelving, towel holder and coat hook in each room. There is linoleum flooring in all of the shower rooms.
Private Facilities (Room 3)
• The Private shower room for room 3 has basin, WC, and power shower. There is a step of 7 inches over the shower tray and the flooring is linoleum.
• There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and another on the top floor.
• In the event of a fire our fire siren will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
• The building can be evacuated from the front door. In an emergency there is also an exit via our kitchen which is on the ground floor at the end of the hall.
• We do not permit smoking in the house.
• We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these on arrival.
• We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
• We have a selection of local leaflets and information available.
• Mobile phone reception at the house and in the surrounding area is generally good.
Holme Lea Guest House, Church Street, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0BT
• Telephone: 015394 32114
When we are away from home this number is diverted to our mobile phone.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.holmeleaguesthouse.co.uk
• New carpeting is planned for the upper stairway.
• There will be bike hooks in the secure yard.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide please do not hesitate to contact us.
Created on: 1st February 2008
Updated on: 23rd March 2012